Week 10!

     It has been a very busy week in light of the upcoming Arizona Nevada Academy of Science annual meeting next week. I was able to complete the poster with some other team members and am very excited for the opportunity to be able to present. That took up a lot of my time over the last week. 

    In addition to working on my poster I had a decent load of lab work that I needed to take care of. We had some issues with some experimental controls and the team decided to redo samples and filtrations of water samples from the five stages collected earlier in the semester. That translated to a couple of late lab evenings where I ran 400ml through a vacuum filtration process. After which I allowed them to dry for 24 hours and dyed them with Nile Red. The team and I will be counting those filters tomorrow and I am excited to see how the counts go. 

    Finally, I have been quite busy this week with school stuff as well. It feels like that time in the semester where everyone is starting to see the finish line and we have a decent amount of tests. Nonetheless I am happy to be in a good position.

I am receiving some parts on Monday for which will allow me to start some electrocoagulation experiments so there is a lot to look forward to in the near future!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sample Collection

Week 6 - Electro What?

Research Proposal and More!